The 25th EM Induction Workshop, Kuşadası, Turkey, 2022
The 25th EM Induction Workshop, originally planned for 2020, has been postponed to 2022 due to the corona virus (COVID-19). The 25th EMIW will be held in the same place and season, in Kuşadası, Turkey, in September 2022.
The 26th EM Induction Workshop, Beppu, Japan, 2024
The international Electromagnetic (EM) Induction Workshops of IAGA Division VI are the premier events for researchers around the world to exchange on latest developments in the field of electromagnetic geophysics. The Workshop is an important event for both the international research community and for many sectors of industry and government that use EM methods for geothermal, mining, petroleum and energy exploration, groundwater and environmental resource evaluation, geohazard monitoring such as GIC (Geomagnetically Induced currents in technological systems) and many other fields. The workshop as a whole is suitable as well for graduate students and junior scientists.
The 26th EMIW in Beppu, Japan, planned in 2022, is postponed to 2024, as the 25th EMIW in Turkey is postponed to 2022. The venue and season of the 26th EMIW will be the same as planned. Details will be announced as soon as they are determined.
- Beppu City Government
- Japan Tourism Agency, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Oita Prefectural Government
Universities and research institutes
- Disaster Prevention Research Institute (DPRI), Kyoto University
- Earthquake Research Institute (ERI), The University of Tokyo
- Institute for Geothermal Sciences, Kyoto University
- Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
Societies and other organizations